Data.Text for parsec3

Antoine Latter aslatter at
Wed Feb 9 05:13:44 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to add Data.Text support to parsec3. The following is
> a sample implementation.
> If there is no problem, please merge it to parsec3.

The package parsec3 on Hackage
( is maintained by
Christian Maeder, so you should send patches to him.

I maintain the library that it was forked from (parsec - and would also welcome
suggestions :-)

I'm not sure that the libraries at is the best place to send
patches. If you're interested in a wider discussion,
haskel-cafe at is a great place to get feedback.

Have you done any benchmarks for parsec Data.Text values? I had
thought that most folks who have measured it have ended up not too

Take care,