The libraries proposal process and containers

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Sep 24 13:23:31 EDT 2010

Firstly, you shouldn't be committing into the containers library from
your working copy. You're not the maintainer.

Secondly, if you have patches to propose, you have to:

 * prepare a single patch for review by this list.
 * propose it, via a ticket, and attach the patch.
 * send the patch to this list for comments.
 * after the time is up, if there was consensus, you can recommend to Ian it be pushed.

Never, ever just push your private code directly to the containers
library.

So, for example, you should have a proposal to rewrite all the balance
functions, and a patch that shows what you change. If we all agree, then
Ian or Simon can commit it.

Ian : can you fix this?

-- Don

fox: