Hackage compilation problem

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 15:32:25 EDT 2010

Brent,

2010/9/5 Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu>:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 07:20:52PM +0200, Dominique Devriese wrote:
>> I am working on a new package to be released on Hackage
>> (grammar-combinators, release not yet announced). It compiles fine on
>> my system (debian testing, special purpose test user with a pristine
>> ~/.cabal), but the Hackage build log shows the below error message
>> (full version on
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/grammar-combinators/0.1/logs/failure/ghc-6.12).
>
> Unfortunately Hackage uses a somewhat braindead build environment (I
> forget the exact details) and so you sometimes get spurious build
> errors like this.  If it compiles fine on your system it is probably
> OK.  If you want to be absolutely sure that your library will build
> properly for other people I recommend using Capri [1].

Thanks a lot. The package compiles fine with Capri, so I'm glad it's a
Hackage-specific problem.

However, it seems that the library's haddock documentation is not
getting built because of the Hackage compile problem. Does anyone know
if there is any way I could get Hackage to ignore the compile problem
and just build the haddock documentation?

Thanks
Dominique