[GHC] #4517: Add Data.Functor.Backwards to transformers

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Sun Nov 21 20:26:56 EST 2010

On 11/20/10 10:17 PM, David Menendez wrote:
> I have a library lying around which defines two transformers: Backward
> reverses Applicative instances, and Reverse reverses Foldable,
> Traversable, Alternative, and MonadPlus instances.

Can I ask that the name Reverse not be used? I have a newtype wrapper
for Ord by that name which I'm planning to propose adding to base (in a
month or so, once the semester ends so I have the time). I can't think
of another good name for the obvious Ord transformer, though there are a
few other names which would make sense for Applicatives.

--
Live well,
~wren