Haskell Platform call for consensus: add transformers and revise the mtl package to depend on it

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Thu Nov 4 21:36:24 EDT 2010

On Nov 4, 2010, at 7:23 AM, Ross Paterson wrote:

> Currently the following 32 library packages directly depending on mtl
> are broken by the changes (including reasons and number of packages
> that directly or indirectly depend on these):

> happstack-server-0.5.0.2              Functor constraint   (32
> clients)

I intend to upload a new version of happstack 0.5 which has the proper
constraints. And happstack 6 will be migrated to transformers/monads-fd.

Not sure about the other 31 packages :p

I am somewhat reluctant to follow the PVP, but it is also a pain when
packages specify constraints, and then never update them when newer
compatible versions come out. In part because there is no notification
that an update is available.

Though, I am hoping to use http://packdeps.haskellers.com/ to solve
this for the packages I maintain.

- jeremy