memory useage of data types in the time package

Ashley Yakeley ashley at
Sat May 22 05:01:36 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 14:54 +0100, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Hi Ashley (and other people interested in the time lib),
> I wonder if we could look more closely at the in-memory representations
> of the data types in the time library to see if we could make them a bit
> smaller.

These are breaking changes. If we do them, we should bump the major
version to 2. And this might open the door to other breaking changes...

What should replace the Pico type? Is it worth generalising Fixed (in
base) to allow any underlying integer type (also a breaking change)?

Ashley Yakeley