cabal install c2hs problem

Chris Casinghino chris.casinghino at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 12:14:17 EST 2010

Hi all,

This looks like a cabal bug and the folks on the c2hs list haven't
responded, so hopefully this is the right place to ask.

I ran "cabal install c2hs", which seemed to conclude succesfully.
However, then running "cabal list c2hs" shows c2hs as "Not installed".
I have observed this behavior on both linux and windows.

On linux, despite the fact that cabal reports c2hs is not installed,
packages which depend on it install fine.

On windows xp, in what may or may not be a related error, cabal
installing packages which depend on c2hs causes the error:

"c2hs.exe: does not exist"

I believe I am running the latest version of cabal on both linux and
windows.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Chris Casinghino