Can containers depend on Template Haskell?

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Sat Dec 4 12:14:51 CET 2010

Johan Tibell schrieb:

> Can containers use Template Haskell? I think the answer is no, but I
> thought I'd check anyway.

I repeat my idea that it would be nice to have a static meta-programming
or generic programming feature. That is, you write a piece of meta-code
in a pragma and using a tool, the meta-code is expanded to Haskell code.
This way you will need the metaprogramming feature only when you change
the meta-code. The complete source code however may be even Haskell 98
and can be compiled on a lot of compilers.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2010-January/072139.html