Viability of having a new top-level "Graph" module namespace

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at
Thu Aug 5 05:33:57 EDT 2010

Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin at> writes:

> Hello Ivan,
> Thursday, August 5, 2010, 10:49:49 AM, you wrote:
>> * Not all graph-related modules are necessarily strictly about
>> data-types, etc. (and I can't find any distinction about what defines
>> the Data.* namespace anyway); e.g. my graphviz library currently uses
>> Data.GraphViz.*, though it should arguably go under Graphics.* instead
>> (it's currently under Data.* because that's how I found it when I took
>> over maintainership).
> i think that it will be better to use Data.Graph.* for data structures
> and Graphics.* for GUI functions

Well, graphviz is dealing with visualising graphs; as such it isn't a
general graphics library.  If my proposal was approved, I was intending
to shift it to "Graph.Visualisation.Graphviz" or some such.

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at