the link on

wren ng thornton wren at community.haskell.org
Tue Oct 6 21:26:03 EDT 2009

S. Doaitse Swierstra wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> the link on the page
> http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/pages/libraries/mtl/Control-Monad-Writer.html
>
> to your paper is wrong and should be:
> http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~mpj/pubs/springschool95.pdf
>
> I have no idea whom to address to update this,

There are a number of links to OGI folks that are broken in that version
of the mtl (i.e. all of them).

     Control.Monad.Error (this one's a link to Andy Gill's page)
     Control.Monad.Identity
     Control.Monad.RWS
     Control.Monad.Reader
     Control.Monad.State
     Control.Monad.Trans
     Control.Monad.Writer

But notably, the latest version in Hackage has them all corrected (and a
good deal more documentation in general). This release is about a year
old even. I don't know who's in charge of the mtl these days, but it
looks like a lot of the italicization for paper titles is broken
(Haddock requires both the opening and closing slashes to be on the same
line).

     http://hackage.haskell.org/package/mtl-1.1.0.2

Unless there's some reason for Hugs to be maintaining its own version of
the mtl separate from the one on Hackage, I think the best thing may be
to just replace the http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/pages/libraries/mtl site
with redirects to Hackage. Of course, the same could probably be said
about many of the libraries shown there since the the site doesn't look
to have been updated since 2003. I suppose the question is if there are
any remaining Hugs developers to make the changes (and release a new
version :) ?

--
Live well,
~wren