MTL vs Transformers. Any status update?

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Mon Nov 30 06:28:17 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 07:48:56PM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> I'm not really saying whether it should be the tf or fd version.
> I've not been taking part in that discussion.

You haven't missed anything.  I think we're a long way off being ready to
make a final choice between FDs and TFs.  For one thing neither of them
is standard, and both monads-* packages also require other non-standard
extensions.

But we are at the point where we can decide to make FDs optional, though
that hasn't been decided yet either.

That's not to say that the HP shouldn't present a pre-packaged choice
(probably FDs for some time), just that it shouldn't get in the way of
alternatives.