Patch to register XmlSyntax and RegularPatterns as known extensions

Magnus Therning magnus at
Fri May 29 04:16:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Niklas Broberg
<niklas.broberg at> wrote:
>> +  -- | Allow concrete XML syntax to be used in expressions and
>> patterns,
>> +  -- as per the Haskell Server Pages extension language:
>> +  -- <>. The ideas behind it are
>> +  -- discussed in this paper:
>> +  -- <>
>> +  | XmlSyntax
>> +
>> +  -- | Allow regular pattern matching over lists, as discussed in the
>> +  -- following paper: <>
>> +  | RegularPatterns
>> Are these papers available publicly anywhere? If so perhaps we should
>> link to those instead. The ACM links do not give full text access except
>> to registered users/institutions.
> Well, I have them on my own webpage, the reason I didn't link to that
> was that our department is going through a system reorganisation and
> those links won't be valid for more than a few months longer. I could
> of course submit a new patch later, but I'd really prefer to link to a
> central location that wouldn't require another patch from me each time
> I move somewhere. ACM seemed to me to be the most stable place that
> also provides the full text, if only to registered people.
> It seems I can upload the papers to Chalmers' central publication
> library, but it is a bit of a hassle...

Interestingly the full papers can be downloaded from citeseer

Haskell server pages through dynamic loading:
Regular expression patterns:

Those links were found through Google Scholar, I can't find the papers
in question on citeseer directly :-)

Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)          Jabber:|twitter: magthe