Patch to register XmlSyntax and RegularPatterns as known extensions

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri May 29 04:16:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Niklas Broberg
<niklas.broberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> +  -- | Allow concrete XML syntax to be used in expressions and
>> patterns,
>> +  -- as per the Haskell Server Pages extension language:
>> +  -- <http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/HSP>. The ideas behind it are
>> +  -- discussed in this paper:
>> +  -- <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1088353>
>> +  | XmlSyntax
>> +
>> +  -- | Allow regular pattern matching over lists, as discussed in the
>> +  -- following paper: <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1016863>
>> +  | RegularPatterns
>>
>> Are these papers available publicly anywhere? If so perhaps we should
>> link to those instead. The ACM links do not give full text access except
>> to registered users/institutions.
>
> Well, I have them on my own webpage, the reason I didn't link to that
> was that our department is going through a system reorganisation and
> those links won't be valid for more than a few months longer. I could
> of course submit a new patch later, but I'd really prefer to link to a
> central location that wouldn't require another patch from me each time
> I move somewhere. ACM seemed to me to be the most stable place that
> also provides the full text, if only to registered people.
>
> It seems I can upload the papers to Chalmers' central publication
> library, but it is a bit of a hassle...

Interestingly the full papers can be downloaded from citeseer

Haskell server pages through dynamic loading:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.101.5045&rep=rep1&type=pdf
Regular expression patterns:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.66.3262&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Those links were found through Google Scholar, I can't find the papers
in question on citeseer directly :-)

/M