What platform is GHC for Windows built on?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Wed May 13 02:42:49 EDT 2009

I'm trying to solve a knotty problem with the network package on Windows at
the moment:

http://trac.haskell.org/network/ticket/5

This looks innocuous - the getaddrinfo function isn't available - but it's
proving tricky to actually fix. In addition, I'm worried that if I do fix it
(i.e. I can get autoconf to notice that getaddrinfo is really present), that
the next binary release of GHC or the Platform on Windows might accidentally
not work on releases of Windows older than XP, depending on what kind of
host the code is built on.