Three patches for cabal

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:08:41 EDT 2009

> In general I think there is a reasonable case for special treatment for
> exceptions to H98 that have been accepted for haskell-prime.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I'm not involved in the H' process,
but it was my impression that the general state of affairs was a move
towards a modularization of the standard, so instead of a single
monolithic Haskell' language we would have a series of blessed
addendums like we already have with e.g. the hierarchical module
namespace or FFI. If that's the case then having each of those
addendums enumerated as extensions makes perfect sense to me, at least
until a H' standard (in whatever form) is actually released.

That said, this really have little bearing on the current discussion,
since as you say this particular case won't make it to H' anyway. I
don't really see any good arguments why MonoPatBinds shouldn't be the
listed extension.

Cheers,

/Niklas