Can the Haddock library expose more (then just reading interface files)?

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:13:02 EST 2009

2009/12/19 jutaro <jnf at arcor.de>:

> I've ported part of the Leksah metadata collection to use Haddock.
> But, now it comes, I have not created another backend, but would like to use
> Haddock as a
> library and call "createInterface" directly.
> So I need to change the exposed-modules section of haddock.cabal file to
> include:
> "Haddock.Types Haddock.Interface Haddock.Options"
> Would that be an acceptable patch for the general release, or do you feel it
> to be too unhygienic or something?

There has been some discussion about introducing a full-information
format that haddock can produce that tools can read. It's not
something anyone is working on at the moment, though. So while waiting
for something like that, we could try to work something out. Exporting
more of Haddock to the outside is a possibility. It would be
interesting to know which parts of the Interface structure that you're
after.

David