Can the Haddock library expose more (then just reading interface files)?

jutaro jnf at arcor.de
Sat Dec 19 06:35:26 EST 2009

I've ported part of the Leksah metadata collection to use Haddock.
But, now it comes, I have not created another backend, but would like to use
Haddock as a
library and call "createInterface" directly.
So I need to change the exposed-modules section of haddock.cabal file to
include:
"Haddock.Types Haddock.Interface Haddock.Options"
Would that be an acceptable patch for the general release, or do you feel it
to be too unhygienic or something?
The decision came because:
1. Leksah needs to write a binary format, so that the backend would have
introduced new dependencies. (binary, binary-shared)
2. Leksah collects information from a variety of sources dynamically and
needs
a more flexible approach:
- .hi files(installed packages without sources),
- haddock (packages with sources that compiles)
- parsing sources (projects you work on, which may for now not typecheck or
compile).
This can be better and more efficiently be implemented with a library
approach.

Jürgen