Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at
Tue Aug 4 08:29:35 EDT 2009

Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 04/08/2009 12:57, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
>> Simon Marlow wrote:
>>> By bringing gtk2hs into the platform, we would be giving the gtk2hs
>>> maintainers a helpful boost; they'd get more testing for one thing.
>> I think that should explicitly not be a reason to bring things into
>> the platform.
> *grin* absolutely :)
> However, I don't think the platform should just swim around with its
> mouth open waiting for tasty packages to come along.  Sometimes we
> need to make strategic decisions about what functionality is most
> important.

Agreed, and with this in mind perhaps packages should be conditionally
accepted, with a defined set of improvements leading to automatic entry.
This would allow the platform to drive priorities without dumping things
into it half-done.