Thinking about what's missing in our library coverage

Simon Marlow marlowsd at
Tue Aug 4 08:26:35 EDT 2009

On 04/08/2009 12:57, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
> Simon Marlow wrote:
>> By bringing gtk2hs into the platform, we would be giving the gtk2hs
>> maintainers a helpful boost; they'd get more testing for one thing.
> I think that should explicitly not be a reason to bring things into the
> platform.

*grin* absolutely :)

However, I don't think the platform should just swim around with its
mouth open waiting for tasty packages to come along.  Sometimes we need
to make strategic decisions about what functionality is most important.