[Haskell-cafe] HPong-0.1.2 fails to compile in Debian ghc 6.10.1

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:46:06 EDT 2009

"Ahn, Ki Yung" <kyagrd at gmail.com> writes:
>>> I think this is because the filename of the OpenGL shared library is
>>> /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 rather than libGL.so.
>>
>> No.  Do not manually create the symlink.  It sounds like you don't
>> have the -dev packages for OpenGL installed.
>
> I do already have the dev package libgl1-mesa-dev installed.  [...]
> It's just seems to the bug of libgl1-mesa-dev 7.4-2 packaging.  It
> doesn't seem to make the symbolic link which it claims to make.  Duh

The file exists in that package, so it seems to me the problem is on
your workstation, rather than in the package.  I suggest you just
reinstall the package in question.  You may also want to use cruft(8) to
find out if any other files have gone missing, and run a fsck over your
root partition.

$ aptitude download -t unstable libgl1-mesa-dev
[...]
Get:1 http://mirror.internode.on.net unstable/main libgl1-mesa-dev 7.4-2
$ dpkg -x libgl1-mesa-dev_7.4-2_all.deb .
$ find -name \*.so -ls
 13003 0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 twb twb 10 Apr 24 10:41 ./usr/lib/libGL.so -> libGL.so.1
$