2008-10-11 Hackage status with GHC 6.10

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 15 04:46:34 EDT 2008

Right.  I've finally fixed 2497; it was a typo, and while I thought I'd tested it, the test didn't tet that RULES compile without any flags.

The story is that you should not need any funny RankN flags just to make RULES parse and typecheck. -XScopedTypeVariables gets set automatically inside a RULES pragma.  This is what the discussion on #2497 claimed, but there was a bug in the impl.

Ian pls merge:

Simon