problem in installing readline

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at
Tue Nov 18 01:16:27 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Gyesik Lee <leegys at> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am really sorry for bothering you with this kind of question, but I
> here have no one to ask about readline.
> Indeed I am trying to install Agda which requires readline
> But I can neither use cabal nor install it manually.
> Here are the error messages.
> It would be really nice if you could give some advices.
> Thank you very much in advance.
> Best regards,
> Gyesik

>From your configure log, I'm guessing you might be running on OS X.
If that's the case:  The issue is that OS X ships with a version of
libreadline (really, a wrapper around the libedit library) which is
not useable by the Haskell readline package.

You can fix this by installing a "real" version of readline; either
download and install from , or else install
GNUreadline.framework from: