problem in installing readline

Gyesik Lee leegys at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 00:27:05 EST 2008

Hello,

I am really sorry for bothering you with this kind of question, but I
here have no one to ask about readline.

Indeed I am trying to install Agda which requires readline 1.0.1.0.
But I can neither use cabal nor install it manually.

Here are the error messages.

It would be really nice if you could give some advices.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Gyesik

=============
dhcpa11098:Agda leegy$ sudo cabal install readline
Password:
Resolving dependencies...
'readline-1.0.1.0' is cached.
Configuring readline-1.0.1.0...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for GNUreadline.framework... checking for readline... no
checking for tputs in -lncurses... yes
checking for readline in -lreadline... yes
checking for rl_readline_version... yes
checking for rl_begin_undo_group... no
configure: error: readline not found, so this package cannot be built
See `config.log' for more details.
readline-1.0.1.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1