[Haskell-cafe] library for drawing charts

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:16:44 EDT 2008

Tim,

Thanks for the pointer. Just to clarify:

On 26/05/2008, at 9:09 AM, Tim Docker wrote:

>> I'd like 2D pie charts, bar charts and something like a google-o-
>> meter.
>
> An the moment it does line charts and a few variants of these. I'll
> add
> pie and bar charts when I need them - patches in the meantime
> gratefully
> accepted.

So the library itself supports drawing these other types of charts?
Can you steer me towards some sample outputs?

One thing I was most unhappy to discover was the lack of Unicode
support in Google charts. Another is the lack of control over some
colours (the arrow in the google-o-meter, e.g.) and labelling. When
one wants to build an accessible website, these things end up breaking
the deal.

BTW Bjorn has written a binding to libgd. Does Cairo have similar
functionality, e.g. quizzing an image file for geometry info?

cheers
peter