Data.Time questions

Bjorn Buckwalter bjorn.buckwalter at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:13:29 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I've implemented 'ParseTime' and 'Read' instances for 'AbsoluteTime'.
Before submitting a patch I want to confirm with you that they belong
in 'Data.Time.Format.Parse' as opposed to 'Data.Time.Clock.TAI'. Is
this correct?

I'm doing work on additional time coordinates of interest to e.g.
astrodynamicists. In particular Terrestrial Time (TT = TAI + 32.184
seconds, previously known as Terrestrial Dynamical Time or TDT) and
perhaps Geocentric Coordinate Time (TCG) and others. Would you be
interested in receiving patches with these rather esoteric time
coordinates? If not I'll release them in a new "time-astro" package.

Thanks,
Bjorn Buckwalter