Defunct packages (was: inotify bindings)

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:50:56 EDT 2008

>  Sorry about that. Can you delete system-inotify from Hackage? Probably
>  best not to have two, almost identical, packages.

Putting this in a more general perspective - how do you mark a package
in Hackage defunct? If there's a newer package with the same name
superceding an older one then it's not a problem. But if you have no
newer package, what then?

To be specific, I'm wondering what to do with the hspr package that
will be discontinued in the new upcoming HSP release. It would be
great to have a flag somewhere that marks it deprecated.

Cheers,

/Niklas