Cannot link to readline

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Mar 6 03:36:27 EST 2008

Judah Jacobson wrote:
>  I agree; the framework is supposed to be linked in automatically.
>  Yitzchak, what version of GHC are you running?  Is it a development
>  build or a release?

The release version 6.6.1, via the (former) standard
download link on the GHC web site.

>  Also, what is the output of the following commands?

Pasted below.

Thanks,
Yitz

$ ghc-pkg describe readline
name: readline
version: 1.0
license: BSD3
copyright:
maintainer: libraries at haskell.org
stability:
homepage:
package-url:
category:
author:
exposed: True
exposed-modules: System.Console.Readline
                 System.Console.SimpleLineEditor
hidden-modules:
import-dirs: /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6.1/imports
library-dirs: /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6.1
hs-libraries: HSreadline
extra-libraries:
extra-ghci-libraries:
include-dirs: /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6.1/include
includes: HsReadline.h
depends: base-2.1.1
hugs-options:
cc-options:
ld-options:
framework-dirs:
frameworks:
haddock-interfaces:
/usr/local/share/ghc-6.6.1/html/libraries/readline/readline.haddock
haddock-html: /usr/local/share/ghc-6.6.1/html/libraries/readline
$ otool -L /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6.1/ghc-6.6.1
/usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6.1/ghc-6.6.1:
        GNUreadline.framework/Versions/A/GNUreadline (compatibility
version 5.0.0, current version 5.2.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 88.3.7)
        GMP.framework/Versions/A/GMP (compatibility version 7.0.0,
current version 7.0.0)