Proposal: overhaul System.Process

Curt Sampson cjs at starling-software.com
Wed Jun 18 23:57:58 EDT 2008

On 2008-06-18 15:37 -0700 (Wed), Frederik Eaton wrote:

> My only concerns are that deprecating the old interfaces seems like a
> declaration of intent to eventually remove them.

Just as one opinion, I prefer that old interfaces get removed. I have
no problem updating code to deal with this kind of stuff, and the cost
of that is easily paid off (for me) in the benefits I get from having
simple interfaces available. I found Java's libraries quite trying due
to the amount of cruft one was always wading through.

That said, I think it's a *very* good idea to keep old versions of
libraries and compilers available for download, for those folks that
want to run a program written for an older system and don't feel up to
tweaking the code to run on a newer one.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs at starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974