Package spam :-)

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Wed Jun 18 07:38:00 EDT 2008

Hello folks in general and GwernBranwen in particular :-)

I don't want to seem ungratful, but I see a lot of the old "new"
collections repository has been uploaded to Hackage as separate packages
but it really shouldn't be there IMHO. AFAIK most of this stuff has
never been properly tested and is in any case not being actively worked
on or maintained any more.

AvlTree and COrdering have been thoroughly tested and are already in
Hackage as separate packages. These are not being worked on or
maintained by anyone either, but they are the latest official releases
that anyone interested should use.

The generalised trie stuff is what Jamie Brandon is working on for his
GSOC project.

The relevant packages are:

Data-Tree-AVL 0.4
Data-COrdering 0.4