Integrating editline with ghc

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Jan 17 08:08:12 EST 2008

Christian Maeder wrote:
> The extended packages "2" could go under extra libs or hackageDB, while
>    "1" remains a boot package for ghc that can link to editline on macs
> and readline under linux, but has the same interface and package name!

I would hope that ghc will link to editline-ext on all platforms.
That gives ghc the functionality it needs without getting
into legal trouble with the license. Then those who want the full
readline interface can install readline-ext, and those who
want the full editline interface can install editline.

-Yitz