Copyright for readline/editline packages

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Sat Jan 12 15:45:06 EST 2008

Judah Jacobson wrote:
> Also, from what I can tell, several people have made minor changes to
> that file (such as updating to the FFI standard or adding Haddock
> docs).  How should I handle copyright attribution and getting
> permission with respect to contributors?

completely mechanical changes or a single contributor contributing less
than 15 lines of changes total is generally not significant for
copyright.[1]  The Haddock is more likely to be significant and you
should probably find its author(s) too.  ..although there's not very
much readline docs (besides type-signatures) on
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/index.html

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Legally-Significant.html

~Isaac