HTTP haskell package

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 19:50:59 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 13:03 +0100, Johan Tibell wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Duncan Coutts
> <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >  On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 11:48 +0100, Bjorn Bringert wrote:
> >
> >  > Perhaps we could show darcs change logs on hackage. For this we need a
> >  > repository field in the .cabal file.
> >
> >  Yes, darcs changelog is a start, but it doesn't provide the kind of
> >  summary people usually want.
>
> It would be nice if you could provided some kind of CHANGES file with
> a package upload for that summary.

Sure, though realistically we'd not expect many maintainers to take
advantage of such a feature unless there were some technical and social
mechanism to encourage it. We have to make a tool to enforce the package
version policy anyway (for those packages that opt-in) and one would
expect that generating change summaries is not much harder.

Duncan