sourceforge and HSQL

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Sun Feb 17 16:30:01 EST 2008

Hello,

I was trying to apply my patches to the HSQL, and I noticed that Bjorn
has already applied them (thanks!) in 2006, and they are visible at

http://darcs.haskell.org/HSQL/

I even have emails where he tells me that he applied them to CVS,
sorry for missing that!

However, there is still the problem that new users who search for
"HSQL haskell" will find the following sourceforge page much higher in
their search results than the darcs.haskell.org URL:

http://htoolkit.sourceforge.net/

and they will be directed to download the buggy, two-year-old
HSQL-1.7:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65248

rather than the latest version at http://darcs.haskell.org/HSQL/.

I have tried to find out the answers to the following questions from
Krasimir and then Duncan, but no response:

1. How do we get rid of the defunct HSQL versions at sourceforge.net?

2. How does one push patches to http://darcs.haskell.org/HSQL/? Who
maintains that version?

At this point, it seems #1 is more important than #2, since all the
patches I care about have been committed to the darcs version and the
darcs version compiles with the latest GHC/Cabal...

Thanks,

Frederik

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/