extralibs and the haskell-platform

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Dec 11 09:35:11 EST 2008

Hi all,

As the plan is for the extralibs to become part of the Haskell Platform,
I think we ought to have a BTS for them. I therefore propose that we
create a project on community.haskell.org for each of those that are
maintained by libraries at haskell.org. For now that will only provide a
BTS (trac), but once the GHC VCS switch has happened it would make sense
to move the authoritative darcs repos to community too.

The packages in question are:
(I've left QuickCheck off as I think that it has real maintainers again)

Also, I've created a haskell-platform mailing list:
Currently it gets mail for any changes to the haskell-platform trac, but
I think that it makes sense to send mail for all the HP package tracs
there too, so you don't need to subscribe to dozens of low-traffic lists
to keep on top of what's going on. If the volume becomes too high then
we can move the noisier packages to their own list. For now at least,
discussion should stay on libraries at haskell.org.

Any comments/objections?