Performance horrors

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Fri Aug 29 02:14:37 EDT 2008

Ross Paterson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 06:32:40PM +0100, Adrian Hey wrote:
>> 2- Data.Set is not obviously the best underlying implementation (in
>> fact it is obviously not the best underlying implementation, this and
>> Data.Map etc really should be pensioned off to hackage along with the
>> rest of the badly documented, unreliable, inefficient and unstable
>> junk :-)
>
> Do you have benchmarks to quantify how bad Data.Set and Data.Map are?

I was just trying to "yank Neils chain" a bit re. something he said
a while ago. I don't think they're that bad really as long as you
don't use union, intersection etc..(hedge algorithm seems bad).

No, I don't have any recent benchmarks but I posted old ones a long
time ago if you can find them. I can't :-)

Regards
--
Adrian Hey