Proposal: Add &&& and *** to Data.Tuple

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:29:36 EDT 2007

Hi

> It is becoming increasingly popular to import Control.Arrow just to
> get access to the functions &&& and *** specialized to the function
> arrow. I propose to add the specialized version of these two functions
> to Data.Tuple which is more logical thing to import if you wish to
> have functions operating on tuples.

That sounds very sensible. I have only ever used &&& and *** on
tuples. This will increase the quality of the error messages, and make
the intent clearer.

> Proposal period: 2 weeks. Deadline October 1st.

I propose a deadline of 4 weeks, until 15th October.
IFL/HW/ICFP/Hackathon are all going on and are going to reduce the
amount of time people will have for this.

Thanks

Neil