Proposal: Add &&& and *** to Data.Tuple

Josef Svenningsson josef.svenningsson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:23:46 EDT 2007

Hi all,

It is becoming increasingly popular to import Control.Arrow just to
get access to the functions &&& and *** specialized to the function
arrow. I propose to add the specialized version of these two functions
to Data.Tuple which is more logical thing to import if you wish to
have functions operating on tuples.

I have chosen the same fixities for these operators as in Control.Arrow.

I have deliberately chosen not to include any tests. These functions
are so simple that eye-balling them beats any other method of
verification, at least in my opinion.

Some suggestions for better documentation of &&& would be very welcome.

Proposal period: 2 weeks. Deadline October 1st.

I haven't been able to create a ticket for this proposal. I'm unsure
what the problem is, maybe trac and Firefox doesn't work so well
together. No matter what I've tried (logging as both myself and as
guest) trac tells me that I don't have the permission to create a
ticket whenever I submit it. If someone would be willing to create a
ticket for this proposal I would be grateful.

Cheers,

/Josef