patch applied (packages/regex-base): Make setup script compileagain after recent Cabal changes

Peter Gavin pgavin at
Mon Sep 3 21:16:24 EDT 2007

On 9/1/07, Sven Panne <sven.panne at> wrote:
> The main problem is that I've been hearing the sentence "Cabal is unstable at
> the moment, but with the next GHC release everything will be fixed and
> rock-solid, never changing again, ..." at least for a year now. In my
> experience, Cabal is *the* #1 reason for breaking build for aeons, and this
> is really getting frustrating.

It doesn't sound like you'd disagree with me, I just want to make a
couple comments about this...

Autoconf had similar problems during its infancy.  Packages were
constantly having problems.  It takes time to work out the kinks, and
bugs should be expected for the time being.  And if you consider that
Cabal is trying to be autoconf, automake, and libtool, and make, in a
single tool, there will be that many more kinks to work out :)