patch applied (packages/regex-base): Make setupscriptcompileagain after recent Cabal changes

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 09:03:56 EDT 2007

Claus Reinke wrote:

> but then, the draft hierarchical module spec didn't say much
> beyond "the names may now have dots". perhaps
>    module Main where    import Data.Time    main = print =<< getCurrentTime
>
> and
>    module Main where    import Data(module Time)
>    main = print =<< Time.getCurrentTime
>
> are really meant to be equivalent?

The second example isn't syntactically correct.  What are you getting at here?

FWIW, there was a proposal to add a package qualifier to import
declarations, but it wasn't unanimously viewed as the right thing at the
time (check the libraries at haskell.org archives).  Same goes for the various
"grafting"/"mounting" proposals - we just haven't seen a proposal that has
the right power to weight ratio.  Meanwhile, the current package system
seems to be scaling quite nicely, thank you.

We do intend, I think, to allow packages to re-export modules, it just
needs to be implemented.  (I see it as a missing feature, rather than a bug
or a "design flaw", though).

Cheers,
	Simon