[Haskell-cafe] Stream fusion for Hackage

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Nov 19 05:17:56 EST 2007

> > 1) Where does the basic unfolded sequence type, described in the
> > stream fusion paper live?
>
> Why not have a Data.Fusion.* hierarchy and put everything having to do
> with stream fusion there?

It seems perfectly reasonable to me that ordinary users might want to
program directly with this data structure, whether or not it ends up
being fuseable.

The problem with a name like "Data.Fusion" is that it describes the
thing that the compiler does with this data structure, rather than the
data structure itself.

My suggestions for names would therefore be:
    Data.Unfold
    Data.Step
    Data.Pump

Regards,