new language extensions

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 08:31:46 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 12:29 +0000, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Last call for objections or comments.
>
> Is there a definitive (maybe even formal?) description of the change to
> the language embodied by each of these extensions?  If not, then it is
> going to be difficult for implementations other than ghc to implement
> them.

Most, but not all are documented in the GHC users guide. It would not be
unreasonable to ask for a proper description of the remaining ones.

http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/ghc-language-features.html

Unfortunately the user guide does not make it entirely clear what
language extension name to use in each case.

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/flag-reference.html#id3167937

Personally I would quite like to include documentation and a little
example for each one in the Language.Haskell.Extension haddock docs.
That would be a useful reference for users trying to figure out which
extension it is they need to enable.

Duncan