cgi-compat and ghc-6.6.1

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue May 15 05:26:20 EDT 2007

What is the status of cgi-compat with ghc-6.6.1?

I have some older code that wants Network.CGI.Compat,
which seems not available in ghc-6.6.1 standard installation.

When I build cgi-compat from source cgi-compat-2006.9.6.tar.gz
it will complain about missing "fps". I delete this requirement
from cgi.cabal and then can build and install.

But now when I compile my program, the message is
    Could not find module `Network.CGI.Compat':
      it was found in multiple packages:
         cgi-compat-2006.9.6 cgi-3001.1.1

I can  ghc-pkg hide cgi-3001.1.1  and that seems to solve it
for the moment. If I find the time, I probably should change my sources
to use the newer API - is there a "migration guide" somewhere?

Best regards, Johannes Waldmann.