Proposal [Trac #1212]: add IPv6 support to network library

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Mar 29 15:04:16 EDT 2007

Ian Lynagh wrote:

> You shouldn't get ambiguity problems if you're importing the same thing
> from multiple modules, only if you import different things with the same
> name.

Is this a required behaviour?  Section 5.5.2 of the 98 report seems to
say so, but it's not exactly given in ironclad terms.  In other words,
is it required for the compiler to provide enough information when
compiling a module that when importing the module later, it can see that
a name is being re-exported?

If so, then we're in happy shape; the move of some definitions from
Network.BSD to Network.Socket shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,

	<b