Adding System.FilePath

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:12:59 EDT 2007

Hello Sven,

> fundamentals of good SW design, the reason is that the libs slowly evolved
> from something rather simple and are maintained in a evolutionary manner with
> very few "big bangs". We do not have 100 paid people working full-time on
> this, after all...

i think that my proposal will allow better utilizing of
our small developers base. or, saying in other words, developing a lot
of small libs will increase a percentage of code reuse instead of
copying or reinventing it

the current i/o implementation in base is an example of this
complexity. you need to become an expert just to understand what should
be changed in order to add support of unicode filanmes, large files or
anything else. the result is that these things remain unchanged for
many years

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com