Proposal [Trac #1212]: add IPv6 support to network library

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Fri Mar 16 07:38:09 EDT 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 04:07, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> [...]
> Sven Panne would like to see a portable (i.e. not platform dependent)
> set of constants defined in the package.  I have no problem with this,
> so I'll trim the list down to ones that are known to work everywhere.

Another option would be to export all constants on all platforms. If a
constant is not supported by the underlying platform, use a value which is
guaranteed to result in e.g. a usual I/O error when used with a network
function.

There are pros and cons for both ways, I don't know which one is more
appropriate for the network library.

Cheers,
   S.