Automated tests for the libraries?

Jeffrey Yasskin jyasskin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 01:39:28 EDT 2007

Looking through the libraries, I see a lot of commented out imports of
QuickCheck and prop_foo definitions, but no way to run them all
without a lot of manual editing of files. There are also a few tests
in testsuite/tests/libraries/Data/, but they don't even build with
ghc-6.6 because of an import of the hidden module
Distribution.Compat.FilePath. It seems like this would make it hard to
ensure that things work on more than a few platforms.

Is there some automated test suite for the libraries that I'm just
missing? Is there a plan for developing one? If not, I'll start a wiki
page for ideas and try to get a rudimentary one put together.

Jeffrey