Proposal: System.Timeout module for base (Trac #980)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Mar 2 19:37:39 EST 2007

I am sorry for being vague earlier. What I was trying to say is
that I feel like we have discussed this timeout function for a
very long time now, and I feel like I have put quite a bit of
effort into this particular endeavor. I would very much like to
achieve a result.

Simon, in your article <45586F40.4080507 at microsoft.com> you said
explicitly that you were in favor of adding this function to the
GHC base libraries. Do you still feel the same way?

How about everyone else? Is there any reason why this function
should not be added to the base library? I would very much
appreciate it if we could reach some sort of conclusion within
the next two weeks.

Anyway, I don't want to leave a wrong impression. The discussion
has been very interesting, insightful, and it has helped to
improve the submission. It's just that I feel we have discussed
these 15 lines of code long enough, really.

Best regards,
Peter