Proposal: System.Timeout module for base (Trac #980)

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 05:53:09 EST 2007

> Bayley, Alistair writes:
>
>  > In my experience, when run with -threaded, Network.Socket.accept
>  > does block, and async exceptions are not delivered (I'm using
>  > GHC-6.6 on Win XP).
>
> Oh. That's bad news. I don't think the socket configuration has
> anything to do with it, this seems to be an RTS decision. The truth
> is, however, I really don't know. Can someone else shed some light on
> this matter?
>
> Peter

Well, I have a fairly simple test case, if anyone wants to see it.

Alistair
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is