Add 'subsequences' and 'permutations' to Data.List (ticket #1990)

Twan van Laarhoven twanvl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:09:18 EST 2007

Hello all,

As Thomas Hartman noted in a recent cafe thread [1], haskell 1.3
included the functions 'subsequences' and 'permutations'. I think these
functions are quite useful, and I don't know why they were ever removed.
This is a proposal to add these two functions to Data.List. The
implementation is taken directly from the Haskell 1.3 report [2].

Trac ticket: #1990
Discussion period ends: January 7th (since there is a holiday comming up)

Twan

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe/33535
[2] http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/haskell-report/List.html