Build Log Question

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 17 05:23:50 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 19:34 +0000, Dominic Steinitz wrote:
> I was about to update the crypto package when I noticed that there is
> now a "build log" on each package page.
>
> What does this mean and what should I do as package maintainer?

It means there's a package builder that will try building your package
after you upload it. It'll generate haddock documentation this way.

Some build problems are not easy for you to prevent, like missing C
libs. In this case NewBinary failed to build (due to a mistake in
NewBinary's haddock markup) so Crypto also fails to configure.

At the moment the package build stuff is not especially helpful to you
as a package maintainer since it only gives you feedback after you've
made the release and it doesn't automatically email anyone.

Duncan