Proposal: Add variants of tails & inits not returning empty lists

Maxime Henrion mux at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 14 14:53:26 EST 2007

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Maxime,
>
> Friday, December 14, 2007, 7:17:38 PM, you wrote:
>
> > I just opened a Trac ticket (#1979), to suggest the addition of the
>
> i have dozens of small funcs in my Utils.hs file. every experienced
> Haskeller has such set. are all these functions should be really added
> too?

I am entirely open to discussion about whether these two functions
are useful enough to fit in the base libraries or not.  I personally
feel that they are, seeing that I had to use them several times in
a relatively short period of time.  I thus expect that many others
have needed to write those functions as well.  This may very well
turn out to be a completely wrong :-).

I guess one step towards is the answer would be knowing if you ever
needed those functions?

Cheers,
Maxime